Background to the position
The International Librarians Network (ILN) is a facilitated program aimed at helping librarians develop international networks. We believe that innovation and inspiration can cross borders, and that spreading our networks beyond our home countries can make us better at what we do.
ILN is run by volunteers all around the world. ILN Directors set the strategic direction for the organisation, as well as manage external partnerships, match participants, support the partnerships, and manage the website. ILN Ambassadors promote the program and provide advice to the Directors as required about the library and information profession in their country. Program participants share their experiences, opinions and ideas to create an international network of librarians. While ILN enjoys the support of many esteemed professional and commercial bodies worldwide, it is run independently.
ILN Content Officers will support the program by sourcing and writing material for the program discussion topics and blog content that showcases the library and information industry from around the world.
The nature of this role is that there will be a reasonably consistent time commitment across and between program rounds as we aim to consistently publish new content on our website.
An ILN Content Officer is expected to:
- Source content for blog posts related to the program’s discussion topics set by ILN Directors.
- Write blog posts to supplement the discussion topics, including scheduling posts for publication.
- Write blogs on a variety of topics that showcase the library and information industry around the world for publication outside of the scheduled program rounds.
- Set up guest posts received by the ILN including formatting and scheduling for publication.
- Liaise with the social media coordinators for promotion of content if required.
- Abide by the ILN’s policies and code of conduct
- Other duties as negotiated
Average time demand: 2-4 hours per week.
The interested person should:
- Be working or studying in the library/information management field
- Have an active interest in professional development
- Be comfortable using online blogging tools, ideally WordPress.
- Have a high standard of written English communication and the ability to write clearly for an international audience including readers from a non-English speaking background.
- Be available to meet the required time commitment.
- Has participated or is willing to participate in the ILN peer-mentoring program.
How to apply
Send us an expression of interest (EOI) to email@example.com. The EOI should include:
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume including details of any relevant professional experience or volunteering work.
- A statement (up to 300 words) on what you hope to bring to the position.
- If relevant: evidence of the ILN round you in which you have participated (please tell us when you participated and who your ILN partner was).