- Currently employed by:Biblioteca Utopía at the Centro Cultural de la Cooperación
- Twitter handle: @pablobd
- About: Pablo is an information technology specialist and free culture advocate. currently studying library science is also passionate about cultural exchange. he has been working for more than 10 years as IT advisor at Utopía library and currently manages online products and services. he can also be found in linked in. https://ar.linkedin.com/in/pablobd
- Currently employed by: Campaspe Regional Library
- Twitter handle: @rurallibrarian1
- About: Jenny is the Library Services Manager for the Campaspe Regional Library, Victoria. Jenny is an active member of the Public Libraries Victoria Network and has been involved in a number of Statewide Development Projects. Jenny’s interests include library design, innovative marketing, cyber-safety, disability awareness and community engagement.
- Currently employed by: ADA University, Azerbaijan
- About: Mushvig is a Reference and Information Literacy Librarian at the ADA University. His interest is mostly focused on Academic Libraries and International Relations between University Libraries and librarians. He believes that sharing information internationally helps librarians to relieve researchers’ academic information retrieval from deep web. He can be found on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Currently employed by: East West University Library
- About: Shaharima’s interests are Virtual Reference Service, Reader’s Advisory, Special Collection Development like news clippings, Social Networking Tools and creating awareness about our professions amongst professionals as well as patron’s community through these tools. She is passionate about introducing the library to new patrons and helping them as much as possible.
- Currently employed by: Ugyen Wangchuk Institute for Conservation and Environment
- About: Sonam serves as the head librarian of Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Conservation and Environment and also currently chair the Bhutan Library Consortium (BLC). He also teaches information literacy skills to forestry certificate course students at the Institute. He is passionate about learning new technologies on integrated library systems that combines the electronic and printed resources in catering the dynamic requirement of 21st century library patrons. He is also interested in examining how to integrate library as a part of lifelong learning process in society, particularly in developing countries. Sonam can be found on Facebook
Cameroon – Roseline Bawack
About: Roseline is a librarian and heads the Department of Institutional Repository, Networks and Cooperation, in the Central Library of the University of Yaoundé I. She is the president of the Professional Association of Information and Documentation Sciences of the University of YaoundfeI (PRAIDS-UYI), and also the Deputy National Coordinator of the Consortium of Cameroon University and Research Libraries (COCUREL). She has work experience in academic and research libraries. She is interested in education of librarians in the ICTs and Knowledge Management. You can find Roseline on Facebook.
About: Cate is currently the Curriculum Resource Centre Coordinator for the Faculty of Education at Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. A special academic librarian and former elementary school teacher-librarian, Cate has also worked in public libraries, in an academic ESL library and recently traveled to Guatemala as a volunteer with Librarians without Borders. Cate is the Education Institute Representative for the Atlantic Provinces Library Association (APLA) and a member of the APLA Advocacy Team and the Nova Scotia Library Association. Cate has both her Master of Library and Information Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees from the University of Western Ontario, as well as a Bachelor of Education from the University of Windsor. She can be found on LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Currently employed by: Edanz
- Twitter handle: @davesgonechina
- About: Dave holds an MLIS from Rutgers and currently works as Data Architect for Edanz, an English editing company that provides scientists with tools to help them achieve their publishing goals. He previously worked as Digital Librarian for The Beijing Center for Chinese Studies, an undergraduate study-abroad program in Beijing associated with Loyola University Chicago. Dave is also a member of the Special Library Association’s (SLA) Legal Division International Relations Committee, the Chinese-American Librarians Association (CALA), and American Library Association (ALA). Dave can be found on Twitter @davesgonechina
- Currently employed by:Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Zagreb
- Twitter handle: @dmucnjak
- About: Dorja’s been working in Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Library, U of Zagreb, for 9 years. She, suprisingly, doesn’t work with books, but educates others and organize events. Her main interests are CPD, information literacy, PR, emerging technologies in libraries, specially social media. She’s active in Croatian Library Association. When not at work she can be found volunteering somewhere. You can find her on FB /dorja.mucnjak
- About: Adriana is a biologist and Document Management Specialist, currently working in the National Medical Library in Havana, Cuba. Initially she worked in the area of Selective Dissemination of Information and currently works at the Department of Medical Bibliography providing this type of service to physicians with research topics. She also has the responsibility of compiling literature for a product or monthly bulletin Bibliomed that responds to current issues. Adriana tweets as @adrianapereragl.
Currently employed by: Faculty of Arts, Alexandria University
Twitter handle: @ghadeermagdy
About: Ghadeer is a Part Time LIS Lecturer at Filière des Langues Appliquées (FLA), Faculty of Arts, Alexandria University. She has created the first directory of free online scientific journals published in the Arab world, and the first website in the Arab world specializes in digital literacy of older adults. She also participated in creating, moderating, and the administrator of the first Arabic network specialized in librarians professional development. Her interest is mostly focused on information technology, electronic resources, and digital literacy. She can be found on her Blog, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Currently employed by: Champs Libres Library, Rennes
- Twitter handle: @mhuygen
- About: Manuel Huygen has been a librarian in France for over 14 years. Born and raised in Amiens, Picardy, he spent seven years in Champagne county at the library of Troyes, and since 2007 at the Champs Libres library in Rennes, in the heart of Brittany. In both positions, he was appointed at the Languages & Literature Department. Hence, his interests largely go to those fields, but he is also passionate about technology and the future of libraries and librarians. Every time he has the chance to travel abroad, he likes to encounter foreign librarians ! He can be found on twitter as @mhuygen.
- Currently employed by: New Asia College Ch’ien Mu Library, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- About: Leo is currently Head of the New Asia College Ch’ien Mu Library & the United College Ch’ien Mu Library in The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Apart from managing two branch libraries, he also engages in a handful of digital initiatives. He has been serving as an advisory board member of educational institutions, professional organizations and library service providers both internationally and locally. He published, as editor and author, more than ten books. He is on twitter @LeoFHMa1.
Currently employed by: ’Ervin Szabó’ Metropolitan Library, Budapest (Hungary)
About: She gained her professional experiences both as a librarian at working in special libraries, and as a civil servant in the European Commission and the Hungarian Parliament. She is innovative and hard-working, and good at thinking in projects: planning, setting up goals and objectives, managing the processes, motivating people, controlling the different resources, communicating the processes and the results. She believes in networking, and likes to work in multicultural environment, where people can share and benefit from their special skills and values, knowledge and experiences – all for a common objective. She likes participating at conferences, workshops – both as lecturer and participant, taking part in national or international cooperation, talking to people, sharing experiences and spreading new professional issues, interesting ideas and developments. Since May 2014, she has been the Deputy Director-General of the ‘Ervin Szabó’ Metropolitan Library, Budapest. Her interests include the functions and services of a successful, 21st century public library. Agnes is also interested in strategy making, advocacy for libraries, PR and marketing issues, as well different staff trainings. She is Member of the Editorial Advisory Board and Peer Reviewer ofNew Library World, too. She can be found on LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter @korenyagi.
Currently employed by: National Institute of Technology, Silchar
Twitter handle: @ksatpathy
About: Dr. Kishor Chandra Satpathy is the Librarian at National Institute of Technology Silchar. Currently he is coordinating two projects namely “Education to Home (eth) Project & BARC-Akruti Project: Technology Transfer to the Rural Sector” through innovative Library Voluntary Programme (LVP) by reaching out the community specifically the tribal, poor and underprivileged children. He is an active Member of NIT & INDEST Consortia. His interests include library building, innovative marketing, information literacy and community engagement. He is actively involved in empowering the library professionals by organising workshops, training programmes, seminars & Conferences in the region. He can be found via Facebook, his Blog, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- About: Eva Hornung works as a solo librarian in a teacher education centre in Dublin. She has previously held a post as a children’s librarian in Germany. Eva is the current chair of the Academic & Special Libraries Section of the Library Association of Ireland and interested in continuing professional development. She can be found on twitter as @evahornung
- About: Previously worked as a Medical librarian. Currently a Senior Library Assistant in the upcoming University in Nyeri County- Central Kenya, Carol has been creating the University Library for the last 10months. Member of Kenya Library Association. Interests include use of social media tools in user’s awareness, connecting with users and encouraging them to use new technologies, Information literacy, digital library, loves technology and a champion for libraries and librarians and sharing information. Follow Carol on twitter @c_mwaura or Facebook.
- Currently employed by: European Union Delegation to Malawi
- About: Francis, a B. Sc. holder in Information Technology, LIS Certificate and the Founding President of the Knowledge and Information for Successful Society Initiative, has a passion for the development of a reading culture among the rural masses of Malawi. Through the Initiative, he is championing the adoption of information literacy in Malawi. As a board member for Wungwero Book Foundation, he has helped set up a number of 48 school and community libraries. He is an ardent writer and has presented several papers at both local and international fora. He is available on twitter as @fkachala.
Currently employed by: University of Ibadan, Nigeria
About: Ayodele is a certified librarian in Nigeria (CLN); he works as an Emerging Technology Librarian at Kenneth Dike Library, University of Ibadan, and also serves as Regional Adviser -Sub-Saharan Africa Region for Emerald Group Publishing, United Kingdom. He is the Chairman, Information Technology Section of Nigerian Library Association (NLA) and a co-moderator of the association’s online forum with over 1,500 members. He is a CARTA PhD Fellow doing a study on the use of Social Media for health Communication at the University of Nairobi, Kenya. His interest is mostly in, e- Library, e-Publishing, Health Information System and Social media for communication. He can be contacted on Facebook, his Blog , Twitter @OptimisticInfo and LinkedIn.
- Currently employed by: Sindh Madressatul Islam University, Karachi.
- Twitter handle: @usufsmiu
- About: Muhammad Yousuf has completed a MLIS from The University of Karachi. Presently he is employed as Deputy Librarian at Sindh Madressatul Islam University Karachi. Muhammad Yousuf’s role involves facilitating access for university researchers and scholar. He also has a keen interest in library research especially related to the topics of Web 2.0, Digital Library, Meta Data, virtual reference information management and information literacy. You can find Muhammad Yousuf on Twitter : @usufsmiu, facebook and linkedin
Currently employed by: University of San Jose – Recoletos
About: John Louie is an advocate of spreading the love of reading and librarianship in Philippines by initiating a volunteer group which supports the establishment of local reading centers. He is also doing active mentorship programs through seminars and training with librarians within the region. In social media, he divulges to the public how important libraries are in lifelong learning and social inclusion. His professionalism is embodied in his work being a Readers’ Services Librarian and an LIS faculty from University of San Jose – Recoletos, Cebu City, Philippines. John Louie is on Twitter as @juandalibrarian, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Currently employed by: The Silesian Library
- About: Magdalena works in the Silesia Library as librarian in the Acquisition and Cataloguing Department. She belongs to the Chapter Research Libraries of the Polish Librarians’ Association. She is interested in a library collection development and new technologies. You can find her on Twitter @magdagomulka
- Currently employed by: Linklaters Singapore
- Twitter handle: @MacHaniff
- About: Haniff is the Knowledge & Learning Assistant at Linklaters Singapore, managing the law firm library. He also handles work aspects of knowledge management and learning and development. Prior to joining Linklaters Singapore, Haniff worked in an academic and school library in Singapore. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Information Management from the University College Dublin, Ireland. Currently, he is pursuing a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science at San Jose State University. His interest in library and information science relates to analog and digital preservation management, museums, metadata and emerging trends. An active social media user, you can find him on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Currently employed by: SABC Radio Archives
- Twitter handle: @karentoittoit
- About: Karen is a radio archivist in the SABC Radio Archives at the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC), the national public broadcaster in South Africa. She has been working in archives and libraries at the SABC for nearly 25 years. She loves how technology and social media has changed the library and archives profession, and the fact that librarians and archivists are the change agents in this process. Karen tweets at @karentoittoit and blogs at Karen’s 23 Mobile Things (personal) and SABC Media Libraries blog (corporate), while keeping the SABC Media Libraries website and social media sites updated.
- Currently employed by: Mental Health Network in Bizkaia, Spain
- Twitter handle: @bibliovirtual
- About: María works as a solo librarian in a Mental Health Network in Bizkaia (Spain). She has previously worked as a medical librarian in 3 different hospitals in Spain. Maria is one of the founder and coordinator of the project SocialBiblio, which aims to help library school students and professionals to improve their skills in librarianship. She can be found on twitter as @bibliovirtual and in her blog.
- Twitter handle: @Hepal
- About: Helén works as a librarian at Sollefteå public library. She has also worked as a librarian at a primary school and a secondary school. She is involved, both at a local and national level, in a project called Digidel to get as many as possible digital and online. Helén’s other interests include social media, net neutrality and freedom online. You can find her on twitter as @Hepal
- Twitter handle: @WNekesa
- About: Winny is an Information Officer in charge of Statistical Resource Centre at Uganda Bureau of Statistics, She is also the Publicity Secretary for the Uganda Library and Information Association ULIA , she tweets at (@WNekesa).
About: Jacqueline is currently a librarian at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and adjunct faculty for UNC’s School of Information and Library Science. She has previously worked in other academic, public, and special libraries. She loves teaching – both library users and future information professionals; and also is interested in applying marketing and sales techniques in libraries and library outreach. During all of her library work, she has been excited about meeting librarians from other places and learning about libraries throughout the world.
Currently employed by: Nghe An Public Library, Nghe An, Vietnam
About: A librarian in Vietnam for nearly ten years. Responsible for material foreign and professional services in Nghe An Library, a library in center of Vietnam, about 300km from Hanoi – capital of Vietnam. Interested in innovation more services for users, especially for kids, ICTs skills,…. Was a manager of project “Training computer usage and Internet access for women and girls” in Nghe An, Vietnam. I hope to introduce to everyone in the world about library systems in Vietnam.