Congratulations to all of our current program participants! You have reached the final stage of the program. We hope that over the last four months you’ve learned something new about another part of the world, and about libraries. We hope that you were able to share experiences and ideas with your ILN partner. Most of all, we hope that you gained something from your participation in the program.
There are only two weeks left until the end of the program. For the final discussion topic we’re asking our participants to reflect on their experiences of being part of the ILN. The importance of reflection on our professional practice cannot be overstated. It is through reflection that we consolidate our learning and evaluate our activities. Training courses and professional development should always include time for reflection on what was learned and, importantly, what remains to be learnt.
It is also an important opportunity to stop and talk to your partner about the future of your partnership.
We would like our participants to think about and discuss the following questions:
- What did you learn about the library profession in your partner’s country?
- What did you learn about your partner’s workplace?
- What professional issues do you have in common with your partner?
- What professional issues are different for your partner?
- What was new or different for you about participating in the ILN?
- What are the things you’ve wondered about throughout the program but have never asked?
We also encourage you to:
- Talk to your partner about whether or not you plan to stay in touch with each other once the program has concluded.
- Consider if you would like to sign up for the next round. Applications will open in January 2016 (submit an expression of interest if you want us to email you as soon as they open).
- Give us your feedback. We will be distributing another survey to our participants shortly.