Round One has kicked off and if you signed up to participate you should now have an email with contact information for your peer-mentor. For round one we have 392 participants from 40 countries which creates a whopping 196 partnerships!
If Twitter is anything to go by, you are all excited to begin your partnerships. However we know that many of our participants are likely to be unsure how to start building their new relationship so this month’s discussion topic is all about getting to know one another.
Monthly Discussion Topic
Consider talking to your partner about:
- Where you work, and what your role involves on a daily basis (remember that people in other countries might have a different understanding of job titles and jargon).
- Your career path – how did you get where you are today?
- Your environment – what are the issues that face your library, and other libraries in your country?
- Your new partnership – how often would you like to be in contact, and what is the most convenient method for you?
- What will they be talking about?
We’ll be sending all our participants emails on a monthly basis suggesting new discussion topics – these are optional, but are designed to help partners build a relationship.
Open discussion forums
We also encourage our partnerships and the wider international library community to participate in open discussions around regular blog posts right here and on Facebook and Twitter. Comments are welcome from anyone – you don’t have to be signed up to the program to join in the discussion! This month, share with us:
- What are you hoping to get out of the program?
We are excited about the next round of the program kicking off and wish our participants all the best in their new partnerships. We hope that they learn new things, grow their professional expertise, and feel inspired.
If you missed out on the pilot program and would like to take a step towards expanding your international professional network, you can make an expression of interest for the next round (beginning March 2014) to be notified when applications open and in the meantime, join in the discussion here on the blog.